Saturday, May 19, 2012

4.5 liter / 1 gallon planted tank day 7

A week up and running. Quick water check tells me it's just about cycled. Not surprising since I introduced a lot of bacteria from the other tank.

I've trimmed down the willow moss quite a bit, removed a few strings of algae and rubbed the glass clean.
The anubias seems to take, it's forming a new leaf. Cabomba, strangely enough,  is very slow to take. Pogostemon helferi has taken but grows very slowly. Strangely enough Hygrophila polysperma seems to be dying, never done that to me before.

I think there's potential in this setup but I need to adjust the plants. Echinodorus tenellus and Sagittaria subulata have a lot of potential since they're marshy subtropical plants. I see no need to add any additional equipment to this set.

No comments: