Monday, October 09, 2006

Manual Focus lens on a D50


DSC_0131
Originally uploaded by j_wijnands.
Trickier than I thought. You're totally on your own, no metering, just the little green focus dot and that's not always correct.

Thanks to my years of experience with the Zenith EM I was able to get decent exposure after just a few shots. Took some more tries to get something decent. This was shot #21 with a 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 AIS Manual Focus Lens I borrowed from a friend.

Lens does have a nice weight to it, about 450 grams which is heavier than my 70-300. Focussing is tricky, the area of the focus screen you need the most is taken up by the AF points. All in all a nice experience though. Should I happen to find a nice manual focus micro such as the 105mm for a decent price I'd be very tempted. This is the lens I used:



No comments: